Boot Camp Facilitators
DAY 1: August 18, 2016 10:00 am -3:00 pm
• What is acting and why do you want to be an actor?
• The actors arsenal (headshot, resume, website, press kit, business cards, demo reel, IMDB, social media)!
• How to get started in this industry and how to gain experience to build your resume!
• Acting techniques (emotional recall vs. substitution)!
• Sides/Monologue, character development, ﬁnding ways to make strong characters choices!
• The audition process and how to “book the room”!
~slating, conﬁdence, focal point, not breaking the 4th wall aka “the camera, do and don’ts in the audition space, appearance
• Emotional and improvisational exercises (short form) & feedback (notes)!
• Identify “acting blocks” and habits inhibiting growth, imagination, and free expression!
• Motivational and encouraging words of advice. Give insights based on our journey.!
• Warm up exercise circle!
• Scene study (one or more actors perform a dramatic scene and are then offered feedback & notes from instructors)!
• Actors then perform scene a second time applying the notes, feedback and adjustments!
• Mock audition putting everything into practice that you’ve learned in the bootcamp!
• Watch playback of each student’s performance and provide feedback from i instructors and Director of movie being cast!
• Help each participant discover their innate artistic potential!
DAY 2: August 19, 2016 10:00 am -3:00 pm
• Pre-Production: Concept, Script, Production Team, Budget, Casting
• Production: Shooting Schedules
• Post-Production: Editing & Film Path
• Coy's R's of Nonfictional Production